A Cybersecurity Framework to Guarantee Reliability and Trust for Digital Service Chains
|Topic||SU-ICT-01-2018: “Dynamic countering of cyber-attacks”|
|Reference||Grant Agreement No. 833456|
|Duration||May 2019 – April 2022 (36 months)|
GUARD aims to develop an open and extensible platform for advanced assurance and protection of trustworthy and reliable business chains spanning multiple administrative domains and heterogeneous infrastructures.
The purpose is manifold: i) to increase the information base for analysis and detection, while preserving privacy, ii) to improve the detection capability by data correlation between domains and sources, iii) to verify reliability and dependability by formal methods that take into account configuration and trust properties of the whole chain, and iv) to increase awareness by better propagation of knowledge to the humans in the loop.
The distinctive approach of GUARD will be the architectural separation between analysis and data sources, mediated by proper abstraction; this paradigm will result in an open, modular, pluggable, extendable, and scalable security framework.
This holistic solution will blend security-by-design with enhanced inspection and detection techniques, raising situational awareness at different levels of the companies’ structure by tailored informative contents, so to enable quick and effective reaction to cyber-threats.
The role of Maggioli can be summarized as follows:
- Project Coordinator
- Quality Manager
- Exploitation Leader
- Maggioli SPA (Italy)
- Italtel SPA (Italy)
- Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Telecomunicazioni (Italy)
- Fiware Foundation eV (Germany)
- Wobcom GmbH (Germany)
- Minds & Sparks GmbH (Austria)
- Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (Austria)
- Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (Greece)
- Eight Bells Ltd. (Cyprus)
- Naukowa i Akademicka Siec Komputerowa (Poland)
- MC2 Innovations (Poland)
- Law and Internet Foundation (Bulgaria)
- JIG Internet Consulting (Spain)
- University of Rome “Tor Vergata” Hospital (Italy)